Last updated on 16 November 2015
- SmartTrans Limited (ACN: 088 637 352) is the operator of the website www.smarttrans.com.au.
This policy sets out the details of how SmartTrans collects, stores, uses and discloses your personal information.
- SmartTrans is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“APPs”) and is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This includes suitable measures to protect electronic information and materials stored and generated in hard copy. SmartTrans is also subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations under other laws that govern our activities.
- We only collect personal information from you that is necessary to perform our functions, to comply with our legal obligations, and to provide personalised customer service that you have requested. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you register or subscribe to our Website, complete a transaction with us and contact us.
- We may collect the following information:
- your name
- your address;
- your email address;
- telephone numbers and corresponding names;
- financial information such as credit card/bank account name and number for processing payments for services provided by SmartTrans;
- records of communications between you and SmartTrans relating to services provided by SmartTrans;
- When you visit our web pages, for the purpose of managing the Website and improving our business, we may also temporarily collect the following information:
- your computer’s operating system;
- your computer’s browser type and capabilities;
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- usage statistics including: the date and duration of your visit to our website, a list of the web pages that you visit within our site, the time spent on each web page as well as the website through which you linked to our site.
- SmartTrans uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our products and services;
- to inform you about the products and services we provide; and
- to comply with the law.
- SmartTrans may need to disclose your personal information to certain third parties who provide services to us. SmartTrans ensures that these parties are obliged to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and to only use such information in providing services to us. Last updated on 16 November 2015. Please check our website for any updates.
SmartTrans does not send your personal information outside Australia and neither do our current service providers.
- You can request to access the personal information we collect and hold about you. When requesting such access please identify the precise type of information requested. If you believe there are errors in the personal information we hold about you, you have a right to ask us to correct it.
You may make a request by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: The Privacy Officer, SmartTrans, Level 1, 10 Queens Road, MELBOURNE VIC 3004.